Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Kansas City
Why Choose Foundation 1?
- Financing Options
- Serving the Kansas City Area since 2001
- BBB A+ Rating
- Kansas City Owned
- Transferrable Warranties
Get Your FREE Inspection
Our Basement Waterproofing Services
Basement waterproofing is an important part of maintaining your home, and there are a variety of solutions available. Foundation 1 is here to find the solution that works best for you.
We have been in business for years, and our team of basement waterproofing contractors has the experience and knowledge to keep your basement dry all year round.
Foundation 1 Basement Waterproofing Testimonials
Click the video link below.
We offer several basement waterproofing solutions in Kansas City
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: We encapsulate crawl spaces to prevent moisture intrusion, improve air quality, and enhance the overall health of your home’s foundation.
- French Drain Installation: French drains serve as vital drainage systems, effectively collecting and diverting groundwater away from your foundation, preventing water accumulation and potential water damage.
- Drainage Systems: We install both interior and exterior drainage systems to collect and channel water away from your foundation, ensuring proper drainage and preventing water infiltration.
- Sump Pump Installation: Sump pumps are crucial for basements prone to flooding. Our team installs and maintains reliable sump pumps to remove excess water from your basement, keeping it dry and preventing water damage.
- Dehumidifier Installation: Dehumidifiers are essential for crawl spaces, effectively removing excess moisture from the air, preventing the growth of mold and mildew.
Signs That You Might Need Basement Waterproofing Services
Be on the lookout for these signs that you need basement waterproofing treatments:
- If you enter your basement and feel like there is moisture in the air, you may need waterproofing services. Damp basements can cause damage to your home’s foundation, not to mention they aren’t great for your health.
- If you notice a musty odor in your home or basement, or you see mold growth, you may need water diversion services.
- Visible water leaks in your home, or a leaky basement, can indicate the need for a foundation contractor.
- Water stains or water deposits on walls or floors can indicate a problem, and a foundation repair contractor can find the cause of the problem and get it fixed.
- Rotting wood, rusty appliances, and wall cracks can all indicate water management problems are causing damage to your home.
- Walls that lean are often a good indicator of foundation issues.
- Have you noticed water pooling around the exterior of your home? You could require a basement waterproofing system or an exterior drainage system.
- If you notice that your sump pump is not working properly or other drainage problems are occurring, it may be time for an inspection from a foundation repair crew.
As any homeowner knows, a wet basement can be a serious problem. Not only is it unsightly, but it can also lead to costly damage to your home. Basement waterproofing is an important part of maintaining your home, and there are a variety of solutions available. Whatever solution works best for your wet or flooded basement, Foundation 1 can ensure that your basement stays dry.
Foundation 1 has been in business for years, and our team of basement waterproofing contractors has the experience and knowledge to keep your basement dry all year round. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible service, and we’re proud to be one of the leading basement waterproofing companies in the Kansas City area.
We offer several basement waterproofing solutions in Kansas City, depending on the situation, including:
- Crawl space encapsulation
- French drain installation
- Installation of exterior or interior drainage systems
- Sump pump installation
- Vapor barrier installation in the basement
- Installation of a dehumidifier in the crawl space
Most water problems start on the outside of the home and typically begin due to either a lack of maintenance (such as allowing gutters to become clogged) or a change in the surrounding environment.
Sometimes, waterproofing products and solutions used on the outside of your home are all you need to protect your home from water damage.
Exterior Basement Waterproofing
Exterior water around a structure can come from somewhere as close as your own gutter system or as far as several miles away. For instance, an ineffective gutter system can cause water to pool around your foundation and get into your home as can water drainage from a nearby canal or waterway. Exterior water is managed using many different exterior basement waterproofing systems in Kansas City. Each system is designed to handle very specific water problems. Exterior basement waterproofing is also the only way to guarantee a watertight basement without relying on interior drainage solutions. Some of the exterior basement waterproofing methods we utilize include ensuring your yard has the appropriate grading so that water naturally flows away from your home instead of toward it. We also utilize more involved processes that involve digging a trench around the footing of your home and applying a waterproof membrane. Imagine the flooding and water pooling after heavy rains and how that water can damage your home and your home’s foundation. With a system in place that drains water away from your home, you can prevent basement foundation problems.
Managing Surface & Subsurface Water
Surface water is controlled by creating paths for the water to flow and is either channeled away using swales or diverted to underground drainage pipes. Subsurface water is typically picked up in Saturation Trenches or “French Drains” and carried through underground drainage pipes to daylight. Water that is not picked up by these foundation waterproofing systems can soak deep in the soil and create a hydrostatic pressure that pushes water into your basement or crawlspace through cracks in walls, gaps in footings, and from below the structure. Water that gets inside the structure is typically rerouted through an interior drain system before it can make it to the floor and is then discharged through a sump pump to daylight. Sump pumps are installed in an approved basin that sits below the floor and collects water to be discharged to daylight.
What could happen if you don’t manage surface and subsurface water properly? Your home and personal property can be damaged, mold and mildew could build up in your basement or other parts of your home where the water reaches, the air quality in your home could reach unhealthy humidity levels, basement walls and foundation walls could sustain cracks or be moved out of position causing structural issues.
Call Today for Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Kansas City
Excess water in and around your basement is more than just a nuisance, it can lead to costly repairs if you don’t apply some kind of basement waterproofing to protect your home. Whether you have noticed cracks in your basement walls and require basement repairs or you have found water seeping into your home and need basement drain installation, we can help get your home back to the safe place you want it to be.
Call Foundation 1, the foundation repair company with years of experience, for help with your basement waterproofing in Kansas City. Remember—you can rest your foundation on our reputation. We offer a free estimate on your foundation problem, basement repair, or water management issue.
Our Waterproofing Services:
Unfortunately, basements are especially vulnerable to water damage, and even a small leak can cause extensive damage over time. Foundation 1 specializes in basement waterproofing, and we’re here to help you keep your basement dry and damage-free. We start by assessing the source of the problem, and then we develop a customized plan to address it. We use only the highest quality materials and workmanship to ensure that your basement stays dry for years to come.
Proper exterior drainage and grading are essential in ensuring the long-term structural integrity of any home. Without adequate drainage, water can pool around or next to the foundations of your home, leading to hydraulic pressure that weakens the foundation and can result in costly damages. Furthermore, poor drainage will lead to water infiltration into the basement or crawlspace, resulting in unpleasant odors, mold growth, and additional repair expenses. A professional contractor can assess your property’s current grading and develop a customized plan for repairs that eliminates standing water in yards and ditch lines, corrects any negative slopes close to the foundations, adjusts existing gutters for efficient runoff, as well as directs all runoff away from vulnerable points such as windows and vent openings.
As you might imagine, this is a more involved process and does cost more, but to create a watertight basement (ie: reducing or eliminating reliance on internal drainage solutions), approaching waterproofing from the outside is required.
Interior drainage systems like our Dura-Dry System is a tried and true way of keeping water out of your basement or crawlspace and comes with a lifetime warranty against any future water intrusion. Combined with a good sump pump, this is a permanent solution for waterproofing.
Sump Pump Installation
Our full line of Pro Series Commercial grade Sump Pumps in combination with our high-efficiency Bell Sump Pump Basin will give you peace of mind knowing that you have the most reliable system on the market today.
Foundation Crack Repair
While many wall cracks are a sign of a foundation problem, they are not always signs of a failed foundation. Let our engineer certified evaluators give you a free consultation to see if you need foundation crack repair.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
Creating a healthy home starts from the ground up. Crawl spaces are full of moisture that moves upward, toward the living spaces, due to the stack effect. Up to 50% of the air you breathe on the first floor of a home comes from the crawl space! In humid areas, like Kansas City, crawl space encapsulation can help control moisture levels in your home.
Call Today for Basement Waterproofing!
Have you found yourself dealing with a wet basement on a regular basis? Are your walls bowing or have you noticed more and more cracks appearing? These are all signs that you should look into waterproofing your basement.
Foundation 1 is here to make sure your home is protected from any potential flooding, providing both interior and exterior waterproofing services across the Kansas City, MO area. Don’t let flooding get out of hand before taking action – call us today for an estimate and give yourself the peace of mind that comes with knowing your basement is safe!