It is important to maintain a proper humidity level in your home. Discomfort issues, such as chapped lips and cracks in wooden furniture, can be caused by too little humidity. On the other hand, too much moisture can cause your home to be a breeding ground for mold and mildew, which can lead to some very serious health issues. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, health problems associated with poor indoor air quality include eye irritation, allergies, headaches and respiratory problems such as asthma. These problems can be directly related to the presence of mold and dust mite infestation in the home. One of the recognized solutions to addressing these health issues is effective moisture control. You need a dehumidifier to help you remedy excess moisture problems. Foundation 1 installs only high quality, commercial grade dehumidifiers.
Some of the most common indications that you may need a dehumidifier are:
- Wet stains on walls and ceilings
- Stuffy feeling in a room
- Rotting wood
- Condensation on windows
- Musty smells
- Allergies (if the air in your home is too moist, it will encourage the growth of bacteria and mold, common allergens)
Dehumidifiers help to alleviate these issues by decreasing humidity levels, removing excess moisture from the air in your home.
Check out these “How it Works” videos and then give us a call for more information and to schedule your free consultation.